Friday, January 20, 2012

Moving Forward

One more thing checked off the list. We filled out our formal application earlier this week and all was approved on Friday. We have more paperwork to mail in and then we can move onto our home study. We just taking this one step at a time because starting a second adoption (from another country) is basically starting from scratch. This is a whole new journey with new requirements, documents, timelines, etc. I feel like am spending a ton of time reading the boards (especially RQ) just trying to learn all the ins and outs of all this. Sometimes it feels like learning a whole new language. Plus its a nice distraction from my thesis...that's what I really should be focussing on ;) I promise next week it will be back to work on that project.

Other than that...we had a few more inches of snow to keep us busy and more expected tonight. Looking forward to taking Christian out on a sled for the first time sometime this weekend!

2 comments:

momtobe said...

I just found your blog and have enjoyed reading yout journey. My husband and I have just begun the process to adopt a child from Korea(after spending 2 years trying to adopt from Poland)We have stated over from scratch....Good luck with your new adventure to China!

Seoul Baby said...

I'm so excited to read about your newest journey! I hope all is going well with you. C is getting so big!