Saturday, May 11, 2013

Day 3 - Taiyuan

We are on our third day in Taiyuan in the Shanxi province. We have a "free" day today without anything scheduled for us. We had another nice breakfast at the hotel this morning. We have been enjoying all of the food that they offer....there is always a lot to choose from. This morning & this afternoon we also took some time to wander around and walk around the city streets around our hotel. Very few people speak any english and I think I've only seen a handful of other Caucasian people here. We are definitely getting some stares when we go out. The city of Taiyuan had 4 million people and it feels like Chicago or New York. Very busy and there is a lot of smog. There is an endless stream of people, cars, bikes, scooters, etc.

Charlie is still doing well. He is still eating a ton and asks for food or his bottle constantly. He loves playing with daddy and riding in the Ergo with mama. We have been getting lot more smiles and some really big laughs today.
















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful thing you guys are doing! Thanks for telling me about this blog. I will check every day now. Love seeing the pictures. Happy Mother's Day to A! Are you a day ahead of us? Talk to you in a few. Hugs and kisses to all.

Unknown said...

So I had to sign up for a google account and then I have to type in those silly words to prove I am not a robot. But I did it. It says replies will go to my google email, but I haven't figured that out yet on my ipad. So just keep on blogging,I will keep on reading and it will all work out. It always does.